forums.twofishy.net Forum Index forums.twofishy.net
forums.twofishy.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Druid/Rogue 2vs2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.twofishy.net Forum Index -> Rhythm and Blues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Druid/Rogue 2vs2 Reply with quote

http://www.pvpsource.com/videos/?page=player&videoID=50

Learning video #1 Wink

Interesting points :

- Mostly weaving cyclone and target switches, you can see the rogue shadowstepping from warrior to druid at the same time the warrior gets cycloned.

- Rogue actually pillar humps and to restealth and for hots to tick.

- Keep good track of MS, I think there's an evasion timed in before MS is up again, so that there's time to heal.

- Druid assists DPS on warrior by casting wrath.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some interesting stuff in this article:

http://www.gameriot.com/blogs/The-Ooglar/The-Bestiality-of-Warcraft/

edit: http://www.gameriot.com/blogs/TaxedFree/Arena-Water-Druids-2v2-and-you/

lithium

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some suggestions for us to consider from a friend for 3s (that also carry over to 2s):

pounce shred maim
feral charge imp bash
cyclone cyclone cyclone

= 20s of control on a target from you alone (on a healer?)

also, supposedly our setup (druid-rogue for 2s, roguesx2 and a druid for 3s) = you need a hell of a lot more stam. think 12k unbuffed as a MINIMUM. you can sac some of your +healing, since rogues tend to be less...squishy and more mobile (compared to say if you were partnering a clothie or such).

additional info: if you start HoT-ing us (with lifebloom) very early, you probably have an easier time even when our hp drops... the idea was pop out to lifebloom the minute me/kc gets hit (as in, 1st hits) and HoT us up..so your HoTs have time to tick and you can then spend time doing other impt stuff (like running around and staying alive) without risking one of us dying or going to <1k hp (thus forcing you to blow casting stuff which takes ages, sucks mana, and forces you to stand still and thus increase risk to kena rogol). 3s has a tonne of burst potential (ms war-rogue-shammy/mage?) so early hots will prolly also make you puke less too if they start bursting someone..

anyways, the logic is more sta = bigger pool of hp = no "omg you died so fast" since druid heals need to..tick. also, since regrowth = bad Razz

lastly, she said we shouldn't just refer to pros gear (in terms of enchants and gemming) because:
1) gear gemming etc is influenced by group make up and spec requirements
2) theyre also a lot more skilled than us, hence they can setup to be more offensive (less hp, less resilience, more offensive stats) since they will know to cover their arse better and their healers are uber skilled too..and they can coordinate burst. we on the other hand are still working out our coordination, so more sta = more alive = more stuff can be done Razz

talk to you more about this on yahoo Smile

joon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do the CC healer, no problem but the drawbacks are :

a) Have to get in close, since we are already triple stealth, there will be all sorts of flare/AOE flying around.
b) Sometimes the healers is also a druid, so have to either find him or wait in stealth. Might be able to do this, but then will have to stick in stealth for a long time more...
c) Getting in close also negates my mobility and makes it easier to focus fire me 61

I'm not a paladin lah, even in S3 gear we only have 10K health. Getting more resillience would probably be more achieveable.

Anyways will work on pillar humping more...I think one or two games I managed to kite the DPS...leaving you guys to do your dirty work...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems that you will normally aim for the mage or pally or priest, while me and kc will focus on the lock or warrior or druid (dps) while ccing the rogue (if there is one)

ps: it seems for feal charge to be effective, you need furor... (?)

also, vs priest healers: you should only be in caster form when doing cyclone or healing, and since your healing should all be hots it should be very quick (meaning maybe feral charge - bash the priest, then shift, hot us, then shift back)

*shrugs* stuff to consider Razz

lithium

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4665462836&sid=1

for reading later -_-

lithium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5784540465&sid=1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.twofishy.net Forum Index -> Rhythm and Blues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: